if we're friends and stuff, i'd like to encourage expressing if you're sexually interested in me or something i guess
Being 30 and trans my whole adult life I find myself being the trans elder in a lot of places.
My experience has shown:
* Critters gotta find their own path in life, and that goes for being trans
* Statements like "you're trans" or "you're an egg" doesn't help someone transition faster, or at all
* It is in direct and total opposition to bodily autonomy to push or pressure someone to be trans; some critters are guilty of this
* There's nothing wrong with offering information
* Often linking to some resources can do a lot more good than just explaining it
* Some critters don't want the problems that come with being trans, and that's valid
* Pretending it's going to be automatically great for someone when they come out as trans sets them up for failure; critters need to know how trans hostile the world is
* Not every trans critter on this planet is good; in fact, some are ready fucked up; pretending every trans person is good can sometimes set someone up to be overly trusting
* A little reassurance goes a long way
look i'm sorry i'm salty but i'm simultaneously dealing with Microsoft destroying free software's legal protections, people i respect incessantly making fun of the only thing that makes computers usable for me, and the death of my father. fuck you
"haha look at all those audio APIs on Linux. they can't even decide on one way to do this simple thing" that's because it's not simple. general case routing of audio and MIDI is a really hard problem. people pay hundreds of dollars to solve it.
"wow why don't people like it when software companies market their software as working on their computers, when in fact the software only incidentally works on their computers due to an unrelated project"
i can't imagine
"wow Linux is so hard to develop for. there are so many distributions and so many sets of libraries." yeah you don't ship your games for Windows Server 2019 either. just pick a distro and ship. maybe ask around a bit.
gay aromantic horny on main
girl or something dunno
A silly instance of Mastodon for queer folk and non-queer folk alike. Let's be friends!