Current original WIPs:
The Double Sword (TDS, in revision): Four queer boys who meet at university go on a quest for a magic sword, pursued by their autistic ringleader's homicidal brother.
The Prince's Knife (TPK [working title], first draft in progress): When Valentile, second-in-line heir to the throne, is disowned and exiled because of his rebellious, self-destructive habits, his aloof bodyguard must accompany him in the search for a new home. (And they fall in love, obviously.)
talking w/ a nearby small animal rescue about some hoodies they have. I'm interested in getting some friends for the boys, but it sounds like this rescue neuters routinely and would want me to neuter pre-emptively before trying to introduce.
I'm on the fence about it. I think being in a larger group could be good for the boys, but even though I know intros with intact males are risky and often fail, I still would feel weird neutering them pre-emptively before there's even a problem.
Seelathar just almost fell asleep in the palm of my hand. like I was holding him to my chest with his legs dangling in the air and he closed his eyes and bruxxed and boggled like crazy for five minutes straight while I stroked his little face. anyway wrap it up boys this is the best day of my life and nothing can ever top this
it's funny, one theory I've read about autism (not one of my favorite ones, but anyway) is that autistic peoples' brains are more optimized for parallel processing, basically, whereas neurotypicals (while still talented at parallel processing compared to e.g. a standard computer) are more serial processors. Which would seem to accord with the fact that neurotypicals seem to have more of an inner monologue while autistics (or at least me) have an inner Incomprehensible Screaming Match Of Chaos.
...Like the ability to "tune in" to different audio streams, and I feel like if I recorded enough overlapping audio to match what it feels like internally, you wouldn't be able to actually hear what any of the parts were saying, whereas in my internal polylogue, you can understand them all.
So in a way I feel like if I could come up with a high-fidelity visual representation of it somehow, that would be a better representation.
Maybe I need a picture with accompanying audio?
This thought has made me want to do some art about what it's like in there, but I wouldn't know where to start. It's 99% audio in there so I guess I could just record... the audio? It would take a while because it's so heavily overdubbed, and of course the inside voices don't really have a physical realization so it'd be weird to hear them in *my* voice.
The thing is, because it's imagined audio, it has certain properties that real audio does not have.
joke involving anxious thoughts; autism musing
the other day my friend was like "do you think your inner thoughts are different because you're autistic?" and I was like yEAH
but I didn't know how to tell him it's only cool mathland in there like 2% of the time. the other 98% it's a 20-person greek chorus and 10 of them are snickering at incomprehensible 1-person inside jokes and the other 10 are screaming at the top of their lungs "oh fuck, oh no, we've ruined everything, oh hell"
I have FINALLY gotten started moving some of my savings out of the checking account where I keep basically just all my money (as in I don't even have a savings account) into like actual mutual funds -__-
I should have done this so long ago. I am dingus. but you know what they say about compound interest, the best time is August of last year, the second best time is today
I checked their website and I don't think the dude was scamming/upselling me, it looks like the old plan I had is actually gone. What terrible timing though.
I could have insisted that they reinstate the lower price I guess, but it was almost my bedtime by the time we got around to that point and it didn't seem worth it.
A silly instance of Mastodon for queer folk and non-queer folk alike. Let's be friends!