explanation of why you should DM me if you follow-request me
1. i can't seem to make my phone notify me when i receive a follow request.
2. unless you demonstrate to me that you're a real person and that your aim isn't malicious, I'm not approving your follow request. i take great comfort in having the power to approve or deny follow requests. i've had a lot of hatefollowers and stalkers elsewhere and i don't want any more.
emojos i gone and done
Things I can help with
- trans and nonbinary information & resources
- German language (if you're a beginner. I'm at an intermediate level)
- helping you figure out if you're #ActuallyAutistic or have #ADHD or both
- sharing books from my ebook hoard (YA fiction, #StarTrek TOS novels, Baby-Sitters Club, python, java, web development, trans fiction and nonfiction, lgbt studies, American history)
- offering gentle headpats when you're sad
tips for ordering Amazon Fresh with EBT (aka Food Stamps or SNAP)
* First, before you place your order, look up your EBT PIN.
* You need to allow all pop-ups, temporarily. You can only check out your order if it can display an EBT verification window at a certain step.
* Everything in your cart has to be eligible for EBT. The check-out is supposed to be able to handle an order where part is on EBT and the other part is on a credit card, but if you try to do both, then the transaction will never go through.
* If the transaction still won't go through, probably one of the groceries has become unavailable, and it didn't tell you. Everything's flying off the shelves fast right now. Close the tab, open the front page of Amazon, edit your cart, and then try to purchase again.
* Once you finally get to the EBT PIN screen, move carefully, because this is the most inaccessible UI for a PIN that I've ever seen. It's almost like a deliberately annoying minigame out of Nancy Drew Interactive. Wait for the screen to rearrange the locations of each button after you've entered each digit, and make sure you don't hit the wrong buttons because they moved.
The above knowledge comes to you from a very tense evening helping a loved one buy groceries online while the site fought our every step! We eventually succeeded! 🏆
Hey all, manitu.pirati.ca was scraping all of the followers lists for all of our users, hammering our instance pretty hard.
Check your logs for 126.96.36.199 and 2a00:1828:2000:195::2 we had 2000 active TCP states when I nuked them.
US folks: Instacart's workers are planning a strike on Monday. Don't cross the picket line.
the current pandemic
Between grocery stores unpredictably running out of things (and it's not just staples that they run out of here lately, but moreso random stuff like Arizona-brand iced tea) in a way that mimics the effects of official rationing, and the knowledge that hundreds or thousands of people will die perhaps preventably every day because of something we hadn't heard of a few months ago, this really is like living through wartime. And not "sheltered from the daily effects of our own country's imperialist invasions" wartime like we've had in the US throughout my lifetime.
covid19 mask makers psa
Don't forget to put your own mask on first.
I mean this literally - if you are asymptomatic, this will _strongly_ reduce the risk that you spread the virus to the people who handle your masks on their way into initial decontamination wash. If you are making masks destined for community use, it's even more important, since they may not see a thorough decontamination wash before being handled/worn.
if you refuse to pay your rent because you "organized" with people on the internet, your landlord will just laugh and evict you
as many people as possible under a single landlord have to strike at the same time in order for the strike to be effective at all. plus, you need a plan, some kind of idea of what legal muscle you need to be able to summon when the landlord fights back, and an idea of how you'll deal with the inevitable blowback, because there WILL be blowback
Stay-at-home parent, autistic, trans, bi, ace, converting to Judaism. Send a DM about yourself if you request to follow (I will not see it otherwise).
A silly instance of Mastodon for queer folk and non-queer folk alike. Let's be friends!