sure qemu runs on windows but i'm not fucking about with config files every time i want to change anything about a VM
for real why are the only options for actually usable virtualisation on windows
- vmware (not free but workstation works the best)
- virtualbox (shit unless you use the nonfree extensions, absolutely garbage software, irredeemable)
- hyperv (fine except no hardware passthrough which kills it for local dev stuff)
i want to be wrong, please tell me there's something else.
fedi needs protections
Folks facing more bullshit today. And it's cuz white, male FOSS hacker ideologies are built into the Fedi's architecture, especially the idea that an individual shouldn't be curtailed by boundaries. Cuz let's face it: many early hackers cloaked themselves in digital cowboy fantasies. As Whitney Phillips argues, trolls are an extreme manifestation of this white entitlement: everyone's stories, time & pain can be converted into lulz. We need protective mechanisms on here NOW.
@RustyRetro very cute icon <3
koyu dot space has joined queer.party's silenced list due to
- not having a published moderation policy
- refederating with gab
- defederating snouts et al for, seemingly, being vocal about BLM
absurd purple dweeb, nb/gay/poly, they/them pronouns pls. smooching @htw and @colon_three. runs queer.party. maffsie on birdsite
A silly instance of Mastodon for queer folk and non-queer folk alike. Let's be friends!